Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hard to Teach an Empty Room!


It’s the last week before the last vacation of the year and my students are absolutely off the wall. The weather is just beginning to warm up and for the second time in two days the majority of my class walked out right after lunch.

Why don’t they want to learn? Students who were asking me last week for extra work to raise their grade are now cursing me vehemently when I gently remind them to complete assignments. This is regression almost to the beginning of the school year for many of my students, I almost don’t know them!

Yes, I know that kids act up more right before a vacation, but I hope and pray that the kids will settle down when we come back in April. Even though my students are special ed, they are standard assessment which means they have to take the same regents and they aren’t anywhere near to being ready. I can’t teach an empty room!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you report the missing students? Document this!!! And find out what the school's policy is. Always CYA!!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:42:00 PM  
Blogger Ms. C said...

We do Power of Choice point sheets and I mark down what time each student leaves, or if they spend all day in the halls. I used to write up students for skipping class or leaving school, but was requested to only write anecdotals on intrusive behavior. Whatever that means.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker