Monday, October 15, 2007

(C'mon!) Feel The Noise


The second fieldtrip of the year went off without a hitch. For an added twist, we went to the movies on a Monday…not a Friday. Thos of you who read my blog last year remember my students and me showing up to a sold out theater…Monday worked out so much better.

As a class, we saw Feel The Noise…and my students loved it. And before you say there’s no academic merit in this kind of film remember that the best lessons are served with a dollop of sugar. The movie was actually pretty blah and generic, but taught a powerful lesson against gangs, and stood up for artists on the street. The values I’d want my students to display in my classroom were modeled by actors and made palatable for my Street-hardened students. (Not to mention the theme of “follow your dreams!” )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!! I'd hoped we'd be going to a book reading next week, but with 2 new students, one of whom is supposed to have a CMP, my lead teacher and I decided it wasn't a good idea. I may take the day off and go on my own. We'll see.

Monday, October 15, 2007 6:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker