Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Turkey Day Lesson Plan




…Is it corporal punishment to make teenagers trace their hands into turkeys?

It’s the countdown to Thanksgiving Break…should I expect any students to do work tomorrow? I’m flirting with the idea of throwing in a movie, feeding them pie and leaning back to plan my own Thanksgiving dinner the day after.

Googling “Thanksgiving Lesson Plan” gave me awesome results…if I were teaching elementary school students. But then again, how do you teach those with so little in the ways of comfort and love to be Thankful?


So it looks like I’ll give the kids a break, toss in ”The Wiz” and feed them some pizza.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

I did that today too. Glorified babysitting, really. Although I did hand the mass of graded papers back that I keep meaning to get around to--at least, to the 2/3rds of the class that were here.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 8:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog - via a link from SchoolMe in the LA Times, that I started my own. Here's the link - southcentralLAteacher.blogspot.com.As far as today...12:27 can't come fast enough! Enjoy your holiday! Get away and TRY to not think about the kids for a few days (alright a few hours! :-) ) PEACE!

An LA Teaching Fellows Alum '03

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker