Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My Goal for Next Year

Upon closing the door on my second year of teaching, I have come to the following initial goal for teaching next year.

My goal will be to stretch to the outskirts of my class. My ED students are very transient, and I only had three students remain from September to June. In fact, my last student was admitted to me two weeks prior to final exams.

It was this year I noticed I was much warmer and patient with the few students I had yearlong, or for extended periods of time than the newest children. There was Usually a two week feel-out phase with these youngsters, and either I gathered them to the fold or they became all the more transient. My goal for the upcoming year is to break away from the comfort zone of familiar students, and focus a little more on welcoming newcomers. It's not like the transience is going to change, I need to adapt.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Vegas Art Guy said...

Our whole district is transient. Although sometimes it seemed like only the good kids left and the knuckle heads came in. Good luck next year, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 6:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker