Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Like a Brick Through a Window

The day I was hired by the New York City Department of Education I thanked my principal for giving me the chance to teach. Her response to me was sarcastic, that I should come back and say thanks come the middle of October.

Yeah, now I know what she meant.

Today I had a student put his head through the classroom window. The student, “Oscar,” was sitting on a desk, banging the back of his head against the window. I asked him kindly to cease and desist, and added a teacherly glare for good measure.

“But Ms. C! The windows are plaxi-glass!.” He said to me, continuing to bang the window. I didn’t even have time to tell Oscar that it’s called plexi-glass, not plaxi-glass before his head snapped back and through the window. The class laughed uproariously.

I was a tad freaked out, and thankfully my paraprofessional cleaned the glass while I had Oscar close his eyes as I used a sleeve to brush the glass out of his hair.


Is it summer vacation yet?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my! What an advanture this is!

Glad no one was seriously hurt!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker